Polio Australia’s ninth and final Polio Health and Wellness Retreat. The retreat focused on ‘Body, Mind & Spirit”, encompassing a range of self-management strategies for polio survivors and their carers.
Date: Thursday 17th October – Sunday 20th October 2019
Location: St Joseph’s Centre for Reflective Living, 64 MacKillop Drive, Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153
Cost: $400 per person or $350 per person twin share/double rate click on link to register and for more details.
St Joseph’s Centre for Reflective Living is a lovely, peaceful environment, and very conducive to sharing and learning new information. The venue is approximately 30 minutes north-west of Sydney CBD and approximately one hour from Sydney Airport.
St Joseph’s is a wheelchair accessible venue with elevators to the upstairs accommodation. All rooms booked for this Retreat have walk-in showers. If requested, Polio Australia will hire shower stools, and over the toilet risers to help make the bathrooms more accessible and ensure your safety. This equipment will need to be booked in advance
- Single, double, and twin room configuration is available.
- There is a shared ‘bath room’ on each of the two accommodation floors for those who prefer a bath.
- All rooms have air-conditioning, internet and telephone services.
- There are several guest lounges with kitchenettes, as well as TV/DVD lounges on each level for guest use. There are no TV’s, fridges or tea/coffee facilities in the rooms.
- There is a computer room on level one with two computers for guest use.